Chronic Hypertrophic Rhinitis
(chmnic rhinitis) is a chronic inflammation of the
mucosa and submucosa. The clinical manifestations of
mucosal swelling, increased secretions, no clear
pathogenic microbial infection, duration of more
than a few months or characterized by recurrent.
Chronic hypertrophic rhinitis is a common
Symptoms of Chronic Hypertrophic Rhinitis
Chronic hypertrophic rhinitis symptoms: unilateral or bilateral persistent nasal obstruction, alternating. Little snot sticky mucus or purulent, is not easy to blow out. An occlusive nasal, tinnitus, and ear occlusion flu and include headache, dizziness, dry throat, sore throat. The small number of patients may have hyposmia.
Causes of Chronic Hypertrophic Rhinitis
Chronic hypertrophic rhinitis of unknown etiology. Generally believed not infectious diseases. Even if the infection is also secondary. The disease is associated with the following factors.
- chronic hypertrophic rhinitis local factors
- acute rhinitis recurrent or has not been thorough treatment.
- the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses of chronic diseases: chronic purulent sinusitis, pus long-term stimulation of the nasal mucosa. Severe nasal septum deviation to obstruct nasal ventilation drainage, to increase nasal recurrent infection opportunities, and difficult to complete recovery.
- adjacent infectious lesions: such as chronic tonsillitis and adenoid hypertrophy.
- nasal medication improperly or for too long can lead to drug-induced rhinitis: such as long-term use of intranasal net or ephedrine intranasally.
- Occupational and environmental factors, long-term or repeated inhalation of dust (such as cement, lime, coal dust, flour, etc.), or harmful chemical gases (such as sulfur dioxide, formaldehyde, etc.), the temperature and humidity of the dramatic changes in life or production environment (such as steelmaking bake melting, freezing jobs) can lead to chronic hypertrophic rhinitis.
- chronic hypertrophic
rhinitis systemic factors
- systemic chronic diseases: anemia, diabetes, rheumatism, tuberculosis, heart, liver and kidney disease and autonomic dysfunction and chronic constipation, nasal blood vessels can cause long-term stasis or reflex hyperemia.
- malnutrition: a lack of vitamin A, C.
- endocrine diseases or disorders: hypothyroidism can cause nasal edema.
Chronic Hypertrophic Rhinitis
Conservative treatment of nasal inferior turbinate vasoconstrictor still capable of narrowing, can be used the same way with chronic simple rhinitis treatment can also be used for treatment of inferior turbinate sclerotherapy laser, freezing or microwave, radio frequency.
Partial resection of the mucosa of the inferior turbinate severe hypertrophy, the vasoconstrictor response, especially under turbinate hypertrophy, partial turbinectomy line. Mucosal resection of inferior turbinate hypertrophy, the lower edge of the inferior turbinate hypertrophy of the mucous membrane and the back-end.